Seton Medical Center Harker Heights
"Our ED recently acquired Level IV Trauma accreditation and Chest Pain accreditation, and we are pursuing Stroke accreditation. Two 24/7 cath labs support a very active cardiac program. Work with a friendly and experienced group of ED physicians (including a nocturnist), most living in the Bell County area--one of the best-kept secrets in Central Texas. We have two large recreational lakes, as well as college football and phenomenal Belton ISD schools, all within a short driving distance of Austin and Waco. Come join us for a fulfilling career and excellent, family-focused community!"
Christopher Colvin, MD
Roger Gallup, MD
Modern, state-of-the-art hospital in Central Texas
- ED Beds: 17, plus 4-bed fast track
- Annual Volume: 50,000
- Patients/Hour: 2.4
- Admission Rate: 9%
- Coverage: 8- and 9-hour shifts with 44 hours of physician coverage and 20 hours of NP/PA coverage per day
- Trauma Designation: Level IV
- Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI Accreditation
- Scribe support for EMR documentation
- Overlapping shift coverage to get you home sooner
- Qualifications: BC/BP in Emergency Medicine
- Documentation: Picis CPOE EMR, PowerNotes
- Two very busy 24/7 cath labs manage everything from STEMIs to peripheral vascular interventions as well as new techniques in interventional PE management.
- Imaging and diagnostic services including MRI, 64-slice CT with cardiac package, digital radiology, and digital mammography
- Women's services including labor and delivery, obstetrics and gynecology, and a Level II nursery
- Medical and surgical services
- Acute care services, including cardiology, interventional cardiology, oncology, and orthopedics
- Minimally invasive surgical suites
- Cath lab
- Electronic medical records
Seton Medical Center Harker Heights is a full-service acute care that opened in June 2012 with more than 300 employees. Among the services offered at the 83-bed facility are emergency care, women’s services, orthopedics, cardiology and imaging and diagnostics, to name a few.
Hospital Web site: http://setonharkerheights.net
About Harker Heights, TX
In the heart of Central Texas, Harker Heights is a growing community adjacent to Temple and Belton. The community was originally planned as a home site for military families; today, elegant, executive-style homes line the community's hillsides. Residents of Harker Heights enjoy easy access to the sights and sounds of Austin, about an hour to the south. Closer to home, Stillhouse Hollow Lake offers beautiful recreational opportunities. Extremely affordable housing and great weather add to the many benefits of this exceptional community.
For more information, visit http://www.hhchamber.net
About Belton, TX
Founded in 1850, Belton is home to nearly 20,000 people, including a number of physicians who enjoy recreation and living along the shores of Belton Lake. New residents continue to be drawn to Belton by outstanding schools, great parks, and the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. More than 160 acres of parkland located throughout the city, and the unique, 1.5-mile Nolan Creek Hike and Bike Trail provides a scenic tour through three city parks. I-35 provides direct access to Austin, Waco, and Dallas-Fort Worth.