Seton Medical Center Harker Heights
"Bell County is one of the best-kept secrets in Central Texas, and it's projected to be one of the fastest-growing regions in the state over the next 10 years. We have two large recreational lakes, as well as college football and phenomenal Belton ISD schools, all within a short driving distance of Austin and Waco. We are on the verge of acquiring our Trauma Accreditation, Chest Pain Accreditation, and Pediatrics inpatient service. Work with a stable group of physicians, most living in the Bell County area. Come join us for a fulfilling career and excellent, family-focused community!"
Christopher Colvin, MD
Brand new, state-of-the-art hospital in Central Texas
- ED Beds: 17
- Annual Volume: 35,000
- Patients/Hour: 2.3
- Admission Rate: 9%
- Coverage: 8-, 9-hour shifts with 44 hours of physician coverage and 10 hours of mid-level coverage per day
- Qualifications: BC/BP in Emergency Medicine
- Documentation: Picis CPOE EMR, PowerNotes
- Intensive Care Unit
- Imaging and diagnostic services including MRI, 64-slice CT with cardiac package, digital radiology, and digital mammography
- Women's services including labor and delivery, obstetrics and gynecology, and a Level II nursery
- Medical and surgical services
- Acute care services, including cardiology, interventional cardiology, oncology, and orthopedics
- Minimally invasive surgical suites
- Cath lab
- Electronic medical records
Seton Medical Center Harker Heights is a full-service acute care that opened in June 2012 with more than 300 employees. Among the services offered at the 83-bed facility are emergency care, women’s services, orthopedics, cardiology and imaging and diagnostics, to name a few.
Hospital Web site: http://setonharkerheights.net
About Harker Heights, TX
In the heart of Central Texas, Harker Heights is a growing community adjacent to Killeen. Fort Hood, one of the largest United States military installations in the world, is just a few miles away and figures prominently in the city's history. The community was originally planned as a home site for military families serving at Fort Hood. Today, elegant, executive-style homes line the community's hillsides.
Residents of Harker Heights enjoy easy access to the sights and sounds of Austin, about an hour to the south. Closer to home, Stillhouse Hollow Lake offers beautiful recreational opportunities. Extremely affordable housing and great weather add to the many benefits of this exceptional community.
For more information, visit http://www.hhchamber.net
About Killeen, TX
Killeen has been recognized for its excellent school system and its high standard of living. The Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood Metropolitan Statistical area has been listed in the top 75 metro areas in the nation for its quality of life. Beautiful parks, golf courses and two area lakes add nature's appeal to this growing community.
For more information, visit http://www.ci.killeen.tx.us